[gptalk] Re: Add MSI package to GP

  • From: "Northwood, Ian" <Ian.Northwood@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:59:41 +0100

Hi, Darren. Thanks for replying so promptly. I appreciate it.

I'd already come across your product in my Googling for a solution. In
fact, it's what spurred me on to ask this question: I figured since your
product existed, there has to be a way to do what I want.

For me, 'not very accessible' means 'accessible'. I have quite a bit of
stuff which people have said was impossible or hard to achieve so I'm
prepared to dig/hack/etc to get what I want. I'm well used to using
third-party tools (and build my own) to, for example, use Windows APIs
in VBS. In this case, though, I want to keep that to a minimum, as I'm
working for a client who is adverse to such things. There is no chance,
for example, that they'd spring for your Toolkit, as useful as it looks.
So, what exactly are the hurdles? Is it the traditional non-availability
in VBS of C++ data types and so on? If you have any docs on the
interfaces I'd need to look at, I'm more than happy to see what I can
get done. Obviously it's all present on MSDN but a pointer in the right
direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.
Ian