[gptalk] Re: Access Denied from Parent to Child Domain

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:27:15 -0700

My first thought is you don’t have sufficient rights in your child domain.
Remember that most workstations that are joined to a domain grant that domain’s
Domain Admins group permissions to local Administrators. So, unless you have
explicitly added your parent account to the domain admins group in the child
domain, you may not have sufficient rights on those child machines to perform a
GPUpdate task, which, though I’m not sure of the mechanism, likely requires
remote WMI access at the very least.

Darren