[gptalk] Access Denied from Parent to Child Domain

  • From: "Harry Singh" <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 19:02:26 -0400

All -

I've installed the SPECOPS software to faciliate running GPupdate on
machines at will.

However i noticed i get an Access Denied when trying to GPupdate machines
that exist in my child domain.

I'm running a Windows 2003 r2 domain with 1 forest consisting of parent and
1 child domain.

I'm running windows xpsp2 on my local machine with GPMC.

I don't think the issue is isolated to SPECOPS because when i try to bring
up the security event logs for these child machines, i get denied access as

any thoughts ?