[gptalk] Re: ADMX and Co-existence with Pre-Vista/2k8

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:45:08 -0600

1)      Creating a GPO does not necessarily create the ADMX files (read
up on the ADMX central store concept), but your basic assumption is
correct. ADMX based policies should be edited from Vista/Server 2008
systems.

2)      Yes. XP would apply the Vista/2008 specific settings, but will
essentially ignore whatever they don't use in most cases.

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 |
http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>