[gptalk] ADM template problems - applying policy shows still shows as Not Configured.

  • From: "Hutchinson, Alan" <Alan.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:13:34 +0100

New to list so apologies if this query has been posted before - I'm
still trawling the archives.

I've been writing ADM files on and off for a few years and this one has
got me stumped. I've been having some problems with the following ADM
snippet. I can add the template without errors. As this is an unmanaged
policy have unchecked the 'Only show policy settings that can be fully
managed' checkbox. The problem comes when I try to enable the policy and
apply - it always shows as Not Configured. Have got this in a .REG file
and it imports and works o.k. . Also works in a logon (KiX) script but
would prefer to apply by GPO. Have seen this behaviour before (and have
got this problem with a couple of other template I'm also trying to
write), but never got to the bottom of it.

POLICY !!MyComputerIcon
KEYNAME
"\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\Ne
wStartPanel"
       EXPLAIN !!DisplayMyComputerIcon
       VALUENAME "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"
       VALUEON  NUMERIC 0
       VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
END POLICY

[strings]
MyComputerIcon="Display My Computer Icon"
DisplayMyComputerIcon="Display the My Computer icon on the desktop.
Check to turn on. This policy is in conjunction with the Desktop\Remove
My Computer Icon Policy in the standard GPO System template."

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Alan.