[gptalk] Re: ADM problem

  • From: "Gray Troutman" <jgraytroutman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:36:44 -0500

That is how I understood it to work.  If you had a policy either enabled or
disabled and you wanted it to go the other, you couldn't just change it to
"Not Configured" you actually had to switch it to the opposite setting.

On 8/22/06, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doug- I'm with you all the way up to, "will be applied only once and are not enforced via refresh or reboot". This isn't the case. Admin. Template preferences act like policies with respect to refreshes (foreground or background). If I change a preference from enabled to disabled, then that change will get picked up on the next GP refresh. I think what you are referring to is that if I change a preference from enabled or disabled to "Not Configured", then that registry value won't be removed from the registry like a policy value would. That is the phenomenon we all know and love called 'tattooing".

IE Maintenance preferences are a bit different than Admin. Template
preferences. IE Maintenance preferences say, "set this IE preference once on
a given user and then never set it again".

Darren