[gptalk] Re: AD Consolidation

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:56:32 -0800

And actually, Omar you triggered something for me. I think it's a good idea,
when removing computers from one domain and moving them to another, to first
remove the GP settings that currently apply to them before joining the new
domain. There's probably several ways to do that but maybe the the easiest
is to create an OU in the domain you are retiring and block inheritance on
it for all GP settings. Then move computer accounts in there and let them
process policy to remove any unwanted settings. Then, move the computer
accounts.

Darren