[gptalk] Re: AD Consolidation

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:47:20 -0800

Since this is probably more of an AD issue than a Group Policy issue (which
this list is focused on) I might suggest you post this on the activedir.org
mailing list as well, as you are likely to get some responses from folks who
have done a lot of this kind of migration. However, I think the bottom-line
is the answer will be driven by the OU administrators' business needs. If
they need to be able to create users and computers, create and link GPOs,
create groups, etc. then you will likely have to make those OUs wide-open
for them. But again, it depends upon what responsibilities they have,
keeping in mind that access to domain controllers directly will be pretty
limited for them.