[gptalk] Re: A simple question to which a quick google search actually did not help

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:55:46 -0700

One thing to recognize is that IE Maintenance zone security settings will be
overridden by per-computer ones defined in Admin. Templates. As for why
Internet zones are not getting configured, but Intranet are-I've not seen
that before. Does RSOP show all settings as being received?

That warning in IE maintenance is normal for versions of Windows that
actually have a concept of Enhanced Security Config, which is that thing
that comes installed in IE by default on Server 2003 that makes browsing
from a server extremely irritating. It sounds like you are trying to set
this policy from a Server 2003 machine, which is not a good idea if you want
the policy to apply to XP machines. Use XP instead if you are really
planning to define zone security using IE maintenance.

Darren