[gptalk] Re: 802.1x and GPO

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:54:03 +0000

Welcome to the gptalk. What OS are we talking here. 2000/2003 or even 2008 rc1?

Subject: [gptalk] 802.1x and GPODate: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:26:46 -0500From:
JFinkbiner@xxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am new to using these lists, so bear with me if I newbie it up a bit.
I am trying to figure out if there is any way I can get GPO to control 802.1x
Authentication behavior for wired networks. The options are clearly there for
wired networks in the GUI for Windows however I have found little to no
information on the GPO side of things. I have found that there should be GPO
controls for wireless networks, but I do not see them where they are supposed
to be found (under Computer Configuration > Windows Security).
Any ideas?
Jonathan Finkbiner
Information Services
Support Analyst