[gpsbug] WSSC Spring Series - Race 1

  • From: "john" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:26:24 -0400

White Shoal Sailing Club finally got its Spring Series going with a 6 mile
race sailed in varying conditions on Sunday, April 18th.  Following a
start format, the small fleet got started to the NE against winds NNE at
about 8
About an hour into the race, the wind died almost completely, leaving the
fleet barely making headway en-route to the 2nd mark.  The committe was
about 10
minutes from abandoning the race when a wind line began to appear from the
foretelling the arrival at last of the promised SSW 10-15.  As that breeze
reached the fleet, mark 2 became a power reach, and the last leg an exciting
to the mouth of the Pagan.  John Wandling, Rebecca J, finished first while
Zurey driving Lady Jacqueline finshed 2nd.  Alexis, well-sailed and
skippered by Richard Cassell finished third ,coming on strong in the last
leg after an unfortunate grounding cost her about 10 minutes.

We are expecting 6 or 7 boats next week.  I'll start posting results and
scores on the website as soon as I can (not tonight).  See ya on the water.