[gpsbug] The 2nd 1st race of the WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series
- From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
- To: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx, j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx, Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jlpn@xxxxxxxx, cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx, John.Ormond@xxxxxxx, RUSS GOODWIN <lrgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "RMCG5070: aol.com" <RMCG5070@xxxxxxx>, tom orlowski orlowski <torlo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:42:18 -0400 (EDT)
Who's up for a race this Sunday, 4/17? Same time, same place! Pls reply either positively or negatively. Thanks, Steve On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM, s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: All,The first race of the season is upon us! Weather looks promising. Please email me if you plan to race this Sunday.
The first gun will be this Sunday 4/10 at 1 o'clock (1300) followed by a 1310 start. It will be a standard start. The start will be between Pagan River day markers 2 & 3, crossing the line in an easterly direction. The typical course will be either clockwise or counter-clockwise around the standard course, G1, G5, & to the start/finish line. If the wind is light we'll sail a shortened course to either G1 or G5 & return. (See the chart on the WSSC website.) Finish is between daymarkers 2 & 3 in a westerly direction. Record your finish time & forward "reply to all" via email.
Racers should monitor VHF channel 71 for instructions.Please contact me if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing you on the course!
Thanks, Steve Butkus 357-9883Responses to my previous query were unanimously in favor of racing on Sunday afternoons.
So the first gun will be Sundays at 1 o'clock (1300) followed by a 1310 start. We'll use the proposed schedule below. Start thinking boat speed & I'll be putting out a coordinating email the week before the 10 April start.
Thanks, Steve On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM, s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series [Please pass to anyone I may have missed] Proposed schedule: Each weekend 10 April-19 June, except: No race 23-24 April or 7-8 May (Easter & Mothers’ Day weekends)22 May (Sunday) Pagan River challenge (Conclusion of Warwick YCC cruise weekend)
Organization: Ad HocAs we did last year, each race to be “organized/coordinated” by email the week before.
For those skippers likely to race this Spring:Pls email me your preferences for racing on either Saturday or Sunday using a percentage scale, e.g.:
70/30 would indicate a higher likelihood of racing on Saturday than Sunday
10/90 would indicate most chance of racing on Sunday (The first percentage will always represent Saturday) Saturday races would probably start mid-morn. Sunday races would probably start early afternoon.Should you be interested some other races further afield, occurring during the Series:
5/27-28 Down the Bay Race 6/3-5 Southern Bay Race Week 6/17-18 Cock Island RaceJohn Wandling is an excellent source for information on racing around Hampton Roads.
Other suggestions? Thanks, Steve
Other related posts:
- » [gpsbug] The 2nd 1st race of the WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series - s . butkus1
- » [gpsbug] Re: The 2nd 1st race of the WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series - Tom Grigsby
- » [gpsbug] Re: The 2nd 1st race of the WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series - John Edwards
- » [gpsbug] Re: The 2nd 1st race of the WSSC Spring 2011 ad Hoc Race Series - Tim Luton