[gpsbug] Recovery Wins Fall Series! Second place decided by application of three rules:

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:36:54 -0400

Today was a beautiful day on the water.  After a rather slow beginning, the
breeze filled in and gave us a great race.

Today's results were:  1st - Recovery, 2nd - Alexis, 3rd - Rebecca J, 4th
Windrush, and 5th -Siga Siga

Series Results:

1st Place - Recovery, John Edwards
2nd Place - Alexis, Richard Cassel
3rd Place - Anam Cara, Mike MaCulley

Tied at the end of the series for second, the tie is resolved as follows:
Rule 8A.1 - Finishes listed in order - no excluded scores used - still tied.
Rule 8A.2 - Which boat scored better in more races - no excluded scores
used - still tied.
Rule 8A.3 - Which boat did better in last race - excluded scores used -
Alexis gets 2nd.

This was a great series.  I look forward to seeing most of you on Saturday,
and I hope we can get a bunch of boats on the line for the frostbite series.

Anam Cara has announced that she is (has) moved to Salt Ponds and will not
be racing here.  We will certainly miss the boat and the great competition
she has provided.  Come back any time, Mike and crew, and, if the spirit
moves you to crew on one of the other boats, we hope to see you out among
us.

Regards to all.

John