[gpsbug] FW: Basic Marine Engine Maintenance

  • From: "Wandling, John" <jwandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 06:03:25 -0500

Folks,

I know we all hate to think about the mechanical monster hanging on our
transom, or hiding beneath the companionway steps, but now is not a bad
time
to consider the breast and take actions for taming it.

Barb Olin notes that the Isle of Wight Adult Ed program is offering its
very
popular BASIC MARINE ENGINE MAINTENANCE class at Smithfield High School
this
Spring.  Instruction will be provided in basic outboard maintenance
procedures, including diesel engines.  The course will be adapted to fit
the
needs of the students, based on the products they own.  Classes are
scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday Evenings, from 5:30 to 8:30 PM, April
5th
through the 21st.

This course is normally offered at the Pruden Center in Suffolk, so this
is
an opportunity to get it closer to home.  For more information call
757-925-5651, Monday thru Thursday, between the hours of 2:00 and 8:00
PM.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

John