[gpsbug] Re: 6/27 WSSC race Saturday

  • From: <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tomgrigsby@xxxxxxxxxxx, "WhiteShoal ('Gpsbug@Freelists. Org ')" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, timothy luton <timothy_luton@xxxxxxxxx>, brookshire <brooknsan@xxxxxxx>, j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:26:26 -0700

It was a wonderful day to be sailing!

Just before I left home this morning to race, I got an email fm John E. which
alerted me that race day this weekend was sked for tomorrow, Sunday 6/28. I
figured that it was too late to cancel today so we had a great day on the water.

All that being said, who wants to race tomorrow, 6/28, the "official" date?
John E. is interested but I can't make it. Pls reply to all.
--
Thanks,
Steve

---- timothy luton <timothy_luton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BODACIOUS finished at 13:20:45

It was the funnest day of sailing yet...wind was awesome (guessing 12-15 kts?)
and hit 6.1 on the gps from B to S. Figured out my whisker pole is not long
enough to use on the 155% Genoa on the downward run. Tried out the cruising
spinnaker for the first time and realized just how different it is to sail with
from the symmetrical. Seems it likes about 130-150 degree relative winds, way
off from the 165-180 degrees for the kite :)

Tim