[gpsbug] Re: 2011 Pagan River Challenge - Entrants and Race Instructions Updated (Added another boat)

  • From: Jack Nemceff II <jlpn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Wandling <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark D'Etcheverrey <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Allan Dewall <adewall@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:37:18 -0400

Mark...Interesting that you are ALREADY making excuses for a finish outside the
top 3! AND, blaming it on the wife....shameful.

Look forward to seeing you all at WYCC. Laura and I need to get back over your
way on our bike again.

Jack

From: j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; adewall@xxxxxxx
CC: maryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gpsbug] Re: 2011 Pagan River Challenge - Entrants and Race
Instructions Updated (Added another boat)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:25:59 -0400

Reminds me of a story about Gerry Hoyt (designer of Freedom stayless rig and
Hoyt jib-boom, among other interesting stuff).  When he announced the
one-design class for the Freedom 23, he specified a crew of 2, one man, one
significant other.  He said he was tired of sailing around with a bunch of deck
apes and besides, his wife "smelled better and was a lot more fun to sleep
with".
I'll be sailing with my wife, who is a novice sailor, but a great wife.  Smells
good, too!
But, since your boat is already full, would you mind carrying my anchor, spare
sails, stove, and provisions?

See ya on the dock.