[gps-talkusers] Re: what receivers are shipping?

  • From: debby phillips <semisweetdebby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:15:47 -0800

It is important that you have the receiver facing the right way in order to know whether you have it on or off. I'm not always that great with explaining things, but let me give it a try. Take the receiver in your hand. The glass part should be facing you. Then make sure that the place where the GPS can be plugged into the charger is at the bottom. Then the slider switch goes up for on, and down for off. I had a terrible time knowing when it was on or off until Charles showed me at Wayfun how to have it facing. Otherwise I was forever asking my husband or some other sighted person, because I couldn't always feel the click when you slide the slider up and down. Hope this helps, and maybe somebody else can explain better. Blessings, Debby and Cleo