[gps-talkusers] Re: unmarked highways on alberta canada map

  • From: "Marco Migotti" <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 06:38:52 -0600

I just installed my 2012 update and loaded the map for my region and the
Canada-alberta map is now properly labeled the major highways in my city.
It's nice to know where I am when traveling on a highway. It's worth
updating to the 2012 maps for this correction alone.
A future feature that I'd like to see is the ability to create personal
roads. What I mean by this is stuff like a back alley could be created with
a personal road tab so that one would know if they were in the correct
alley. Another use would be for those who live on acreages who might have a
long drive way to their house or a campsite that might have a long private
road that isn't marked on a commercial map but is of importance to the
people who use that road. Just a suggestion.

Marco
Alberta Canada