[gps-talkusers] unique and interesting points of interest

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS-talkusers-freelists.org" <GPS-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:31:02 -0700

I keep a route file where I copy odd points of interest I come across. For example, a septic company called Sweet Pea Septic or a high end fashion shop called Filthy Gorgeous.

I used to have lots but accidentally deleted that file.

If you wish to have a route file dedicated to a theme like this or perhaps for another reason, here is how you do it. I had one containing favorite Mexican restaurants.

In this case, the route file has nothing to do with a route. The distances and order of points is pretty much irrelevant.

Create or open a route and name it. Then, as you come across points of interest you would like to copy to this file, press letters RMP. You will be prompted for a few things, which you should answer. Again, although this is called a Route file, you are using it kind of like a favorites file of points of interest. One of these days, we will have a more elegant way of handling favorites or POI themes but this is a nice work around for the moment.

Oh yes, then there was a towing company called Tic Tac Towing.

There are also lots of unusual town names out there too.

Maybe we should have a contest on this topic.

Mike

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

"The GPS company:" Featuring Sendero GPS on the BrailleNote as well as Sense Nav and the new Mobile Geo for Windows Mobile devices. Also distributing Trekker, Victor Stream, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Mobile Speak, Tiger embossers, Miniguide and ID Mate

Crashing Through, a book about Mike May, by Robert Kurson, available at http://www.CrashingThrough.com

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
429 F Street, Davis, CA 95616, USA