[gps-talkusers] the i-Blue 737 A+ receiver

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:58:44 +0100

I was just in England and I know TalkNav has the iBlue receiver for sale. They don't yet have the special Sendero case for it but if there is interest, we can send a bunch over. It does help to have the proper case as opposed to the stock container which doesn't allow access to all the openings.

Alternatively, QSTARZ uses the same chipset in their top receivers. They have the 1000XT. It has beeps for some functions but it is more expensive and the sensitivity is the same as the iBlue. Even though we haven't changed receivers in a few years, we continue to test and for price and performance, the iBlue is the best.

You Wrote:
Surely, there are other GPS receivers with the same chip set that will do the job. There must be a successor to the i-Blue 737 ...

I think that the I Blue is the successor. From what others have sent in, the most likely substitute would be the Hollux M-1000. I don't know how to help find things that would be available in Canada, or the UK. Good luck, I hope you turn something up.

from
Keith H.

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 5 platforms, BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC and Mobile Geo for Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.

Crashing Through, a book about Mike May, by Robert Kurson, available at http://www.CrashingThrough.com

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-530-757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
429 F Street, Davis, CA 95616, USA

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.