[gps-talkusers] Re: routes and pois

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:57:52 -0400

Hello,
It shouldn't matter if you create your route in virtual mode or in GPS
mode.
When entering the taxi all you need to do is press R for route, then O
for open.  Browse to the route in question and press enter.  The
system loads your saved route  and automatically sets the destination.
All you need to do is load the route.  The system should take care of
the rest.
By default the system does not announce each waypoint as you arrive.
it will announce approaching turns.

When you arrived at the destination how far were you from the
destination. IE when you got out of the cab were you 300 feet from the
destination etc.
Thanks
Chris
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:38:07 +0100, Michael Weaver
<weavermicha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>When travelling in a vehicle, are routes different from pois?
>What I mean is that I had this problem which was when I loaded a route,
>for some reason I reached my destination before all of the route was
>spoken when travelling in a taxi.
>However when I set my destination using my POI for home, there was no
>problem, the whole route was gone through and I was told that I had
>reached my destination when I arrived.
>What am I doing wrong which is affecting the directions after I load a
>route?
>Is it because I created the route in vertual mode before I used it to
>actually travel,?
>Should I have pressed D or Space plus D before or after I loaded my
>saved route?
>Sendero GPS did announce the destination had been set to the route of
>the place I was travelling to.
>When I created my route in Vertual mode a few days ago before I
>travelled it today I searched for the address and set it that way,
>chosing Space D for destination or D for destination, then I created the
>rout with RV and then after that I saved it with rS or whatever the
>option for saving the route to my flash card.
>When I got in the taxi I entered the GPS program with N then did RL,
>found the route and entered on it and it stated that my destination was
>set so why only speak half the route when I got all the route indicated
>on the journey back when I did E for Edit, U for user pois, found my POI
>for home and typed Space D to set the destination?
>

>__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
>database 3317 (20080801) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing
Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Also, distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor
Stream, Voice Sense, Braille Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID
Mate

Phone: 888-757-6810 EXT. 113
Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx