[gps-talkusers] Re: question about equipment safety

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 10:58:39 -0500

I get a similar reaction when I explain what it is. I tend to avoid inclement weather but I have found my unit does not suffer at all in very cold temperatures. If I need to, I just put a plastic shopping bag over the unit by putting the bn over my shoulder then pulling the bag up over it from the bottom with the handles parallel to the unit, and then tuck the handles in so the pressure of the bn against me holds them in plaace. With the bn closed, repeats set to what you want, and the keyboard locked I am sure you could still use the gps.

Have a great day,
Alex