[gps-talkusers] Re: plain text was Sendero GPS Chat Room

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:16:38 +0900

Hello, Jim,
It would be helpful if you put the name of the person you are talking to at the front of your messages or replies. As far as I know, I have been sending in plain text. I have noticed that the ISP inserts ads into almost all messages. Kind of annoying, but I guess they will do anything to make money.

Regards,

Dick Myers

From: Jim Stevenson <jims@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: plain text was Sendero GPS Chat Room
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

Please forgive if you really want to attach html.

Please check the date on this.
I am a few days behind reading email.
You may have already fixed this problem.

Do you know that you are posting in mime attached duplicate html?
Can you please explain why the mime attached html?
If so, may I please ask which mail program is creating these html attachments,
under which OS, and why?
I am absolutely certain that it is not my mail program, or anything on my end,
though your mail program may hide them from you.
This is why others may not have pointed out the mime attached html problem.

Your mime attached html post, which I have appended,
is exactly what I received.

Are you using html to display anything other than plain text?
Unless you really are using the html features,
the defaults should be set to both post and answer in plain text,
or uuencode, if plain text is not an option.
your answer mode should also be set to
answer in plain text, or answer in uuencode,
not to answer in kind.

I am most concerned about viruses in unintended attachments.

If you must quote me, please put your comments first.
I have already listened to mine.

I read email with speech.
So it is not possible to scroll past the quotes without listening to them again,
to quickly get to the new information.
The mime attached html is far from speech friendly!

--

Thanks much again as always.