[gps-talkusers] Re: opinions on using two GPS systems

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter.bosher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:22:18 +0100

Hi Jason,

I started my GPS life with Trekker in 2003, and then migrated to Sendero, but for a number of years I was using Wayfinder alongside Sendero, sometimes at the same time, as I found Wayfinder was doing a better job when trying to help drivers navigate. Now Sendero has improved on that front, and Wayfinder has died. I still find that Loadstone is nice to have for those times when you need a quick fix (so to speak).

I guess my point is this: I'm absolutely with Mike and others on the power of GPS to enhance travel and empower in all sorts of ways, and different systems have different strengths. Since Mobile Geo is comparable with (or equivalent to) Sendero, I think you would find it really beneficial giving you considerably richer information about what's around and more powerful route planning, as well as being more portable, so go for it.

Best,

Peter

At 01:40 PM 7/23/2010, you wrote:
Hi list,
I posted this message before. But have had some email issues. So don't think it made it to the list? As I didn't see it posted, and didn't get any replies. So thought I would send it again.

Thanks Jason

Hi list,
I have been considering getting mobile geo. However, I am trying to justify it to myself. For example, I already have Trekker. Which is now no longer being developed by Humanware. Although, we will get any future maps produced for the Trekker breeze. So it is still going to be usable for as long as the PDA it runs on keeps working smile. But obviously, no future features or bug corrections are going to be done. My question is, I know that some on the list have more than one GPS system that they use. Without being to personal. I was wondering if those list members would mind sharing their reasons for possessing more than one system? As like I said, I am trying to justify to myself the need for getting mobile geo, when I already have Trekker. I am not specifically meaning the use of both simultaneously. Although the practicality of that may be worth hearing about too. Like I said, I don't wish to pry into people's personal situations too much. But would love to get some opinions as to the reasons for having more than one system? Particularly anyone who has both Trekker and Mobile Geo.

Thanks Jason

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5304 (20100723) __________

*******

Peter Bosher,