[gps-talkusers] Re: opening text files

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 19:05:30 -0700

If you really wanted to know all the cities in a state, you could press Space and Enter on the city field of an address match to generate a complete list.

At 01:21 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:

Dave,
There are no files that I am aware of that lists the city's on the state maps. If the state has multiple sections there is a document file on the included CD in the documents folder that will list the city's contained in each section. If the maps are in one section the map will contain all cities in that state.

If you are attempting to read the .cty file in the maps it can not be read. As it is a copyrighted database file.
Please contact me off list if you have any questions.

Carl Simmons
Sendero Group Training and Technical Support
1-888-757-6810 Ext. 106
carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx