[gps-talkusers] Re: opening text files

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:50:01 -0700

Dave,

No, you are not crazy. There are ten states that are divided into multiple maps, anywhere from 2 map segments to 4 for California. If you want to find out which segment a particular city is in, you would look it up in a document for that state under the Multiple City List folder.

the problem is that a folder of that name does not exist in the documents folder. Not sure when that god accidentally deleted but I don't think it has been there for a few months anyway.

I will zip up the folder and send it to you off the list. We will also post it under our downloads by tomorrow for anyone else who needs that.

Sorry about that.

There really isn't any reason to try and open one of the Map files.

Mike

Let me try to rephrase what I was asking. There are some states that require two or more maps, I thought I read somewhere that there was a file detailing which cities are in which map. Although it is not recommended to divide states by not using one or more maps, I would like to see the file in case I need to. Is the .cty files the ones that contain that information?

Dave

To read about the next Peace Seekers meeting click on the link below.

www.ThePeaceSeekers.org/program

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Simmons" <carlsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxx>