From: gps-talkusers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gps-talkusers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Bishop
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 3:51 PM
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gps-talkusers] gps and 80 Gb external hd on MPower

Hi Les,

I changed the subject as you can see.

I also have the 80 Gb external drive and just copied several maps and .poi
files to it.

I plugged it into the MPower and started gps.  All I had to do was to go
into the gps options menu and select the new location on the hard disk and
off I went.

Both maps and .poi files load just fine.

It would certainly be awkward to use while walking around due to the drive
and it's cable, but great for virtual mode and also a convenient way to have
the maps always with you which you could copy to your cf card.

Don

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:02:54 -0500, Les Kriegler wrote:

Hi Mike,

While we're on the subject, I recently purchased an external 80 GB hard
drive which works with the BrailleNote mPower.  Can I copy the maps to that
drive and will it be recognized?  Thanks.
Best Regards,

Les