[gps-talkusers] Re: e: WAAS question

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:14:24 -0700

Per my earlier email,
The Delorme Blue Logger GPS receiver is the one that comes with the PK and mPower GPS products. It does have WAAS. The BrailleNote tells you when WAAS kicks
in.

It is worth noting that WAAS may be as accurate as the 3 meters quoted, however, it may also be less accurate than that. GPS accuracy fluctuates all over
the place and WAAS is more of the same.

At 06:49 PM 9/22/2005, you wrote:

Hello Sarai,
Yes, the earthmate has Waas.
No, it doesn't mean that you will have more accurate travel, from what I understand, it will just make it possible to get satellites quickr and stay longer.
If someone has more information on this they can tell you but this is what I know.
Robert

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T tactile watch, Talks cell phone software and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West