[gps-talkusers] Re: clarification on my previous receiver query

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:02:59 -0700

Well what you do is go into the gps mode with g and then press s for start
gps and there is a tiny button down at the right hand corner of the receiver
push that and almost immediately go to the top right button and press that.
your bn should say gps detected and you will hear a popping sound which is
extremely normal until you get a signal. Then it will say something like
poor 3 satellites. That too is pretty normal you then want to start moving
and within a couple of minutes press the letter g and you should hear the
quality of your signal e. g. good, fair poor very good and x satellites the
x. meaning how many satelites the sportrak has detected.
You can also press the slightly larger button to the left of the on/off
button to get the backlight. put the receiver up to your ear and you should
hear a buzzing sound like a high pitched humm that lets you know the
receiver is on.
Remember, it takes two buttons to turn on the sportrak, the tiny one in the
lower right hand corner and the one at the top right of the circle button
and you're off.
Hope this is of some help.
Mary Ellen Earls