[gps-talkusers] clarification on my previous receiver query

  • From: Scott Blanks <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 07:17:29 -0700

Hi again folks,

I recently wrote inquiring about the Sportrak receiver.  Well, it may be
that I was talking about the wrong receiver.  It might be more effective
for me to simply describe the receiver I will be working with.

The receiver in question has a rather circular button layout, with a group
of buttons ranged in a circle around at least one central button.  What I'd
like to know about this particular unit is how you determine whether the
unit is on, i.e. on/off switch, any other buttons that I would need to know
in order to answer this question.  The receiver I'm used to seeing has a
much more gridlike button layout, with buttons lined up left to right, an
on/off button on the bottom right and a display light button on the bbottom
left.

I hope this clarifies things sufficiently.

Thanks,
Scott