[gps-talkusers] Re: Voice-Activated GPS

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:14:22 -0700

Andrew, well I actually value your oppinion which is why I was asking about the necessary thing. You seem to have gallons of clue concerning mobility and such from what I've read from you on mailing lists so I'm very interested in your oppinion. As for Sendero and new features, something tells me they have their hands full and since voice recognition isn't available (to my knowledge) on the primary platforms I suspect it's low down the list. Code Factory might have an easier time of this what with MSVC already being in place and easily hooked in to. (I'd suspect though an advanced interface would require their own engine and that's real work!) As for problems with environmental sounds that can be as much to do with the microphone / head set or pickup your using as anything. (also not sure which package your using for voice processing) Mike May hipped me to the Plantronics 925. Personally, I think this is a real Jawbone and Jawbone2 killer. You might try that if this is something you care about. If you wear glasses this is the only headset for you as well as there's no behind the ear stabilizer and the noise rejection is pretty damn spiffy. YMMV however.

Thanks
Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <Andrew.Baracco@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:38:55 -0400
From: "Jim Stanga" <jimstanga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Changing GPS Receivers

Hello:

I have just upgraded from the Holux 236 to the Holux M1000 GPS
Receiver.

I have the Braille Note mPower 32 BT.

Do I need to delete the 236 before installing the M1000? If so, how do
delete the 236?

Looking forward to the M1000!

Jim Stanga

------------------------------

From: "Howard Kaufman" <wa9top@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Braille note classic
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:26:39 -0500

A friend of mine has Sendero on an old bvoice.  The machine is about 5
years old, it has infra-red but not bluetooth.  He is having trouble
with his old receiver because the cereal cable breaks over time and
use.
Is their a bluetooth that would plug into the cereal port on the
braille
note?
Then he
could buy a new receiver?

------------------------------

From: "Howard Kaufman" <wa9top@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Braille note classic
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:05:36 -0500

I lost the note.  That's voice note, not old voice.  Well he has that
to, because unlike me, he is old.  We have been friends since I was
six.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:16:49 -0700
From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Howard, I assume that is a classic since it doesn't have bluetooth.

I did a little poking around but didn't see anything that is small
enough to do what you want.  So I think the only option would be to
upgrade to an mPower that has bluetooth, or find some other serial
GPS receiver but those are becoming scarce to find.

Charles.

At 07:05 PM 8/20/2008, you wrote:
I lost the note.  That's voice note, not old voice.  Well he has
that to, because unlike me, he is old.  We have been friends since I
was six.

Charles M. La Pierre
CTO Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor Stream,
Voice Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID Mate
1-888-757-6810

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W

End of gps-talkusers Digest V5 #205