[gps-talkusers] Re: Voice-Activated GPS

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:32:11 -0700

Mike, that's a great story about your dog and attempts with voice control. It really illustrates just how primative we are at computing. When a Mammal with the equivalent mental ability of a 3 - 5 year old human can understand language and commands far better than the best software / hardware at the time that should tell you something.:) I guess it's a case of one Star Trek episode to many but there's something that just seems right about interfacing with computers by speaking to them. What seems cool and what actually work though are probably very different things. Great explaination, thank you!

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael May" <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>