[gps-talkusers] Updating an installation of 5.4 to 6.0 on the Braillenote PK

Hi!

I'm a relatively new Sendero GPS user, having obtained this wonderful
software along with my Braillenote PK last year.  So please forgive me if
I'm missing the obvious when trying to upgrade to version 6.

Last week, during the pre-release period when existing users were given the
chance to give the new version 6 a go, I downloaded the new installer and UK
files.  I zapped the old maps off my flash card (thankfully I'd made a
backup) and installed the new version over the old one.

It all seemed to work ok, except that there were far fewer points of
interest available, e.g. train stations that should be there were not and
commercial pois around my home address were missing.  Not a problem, thought
I, and coppied the .pdb and .rmf files from my old installation into the map
folder.  But to no avail!  So, I zapped the new installation, ran the
uninstaller and reinstalled version 5.4 with the old map and poi data, which
worked, thank goodness.

When I downloaded the map and poi data last week, a crc error on one of the
files was reported while extracting the archive.  I thought this to be a
teathing problem and this seemed true, since when I downloaded the data
again yesterday, all worked well during the extraction.  But before I go
ahead and attempt installing version 6 again, please tell me what I'm
missing!

Do I need to keep my old poi data?  If so, is that only the .pdb files, or
the .rmf files too?  Do these poi data files need to be converted to a new
format?

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Kind regards
Laurent

database 4240 (20090713) __________

http://www.eset.com