[gps-talkusers] Re: Things that would be total cool!

  • From: "robert" <rstigile@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:00:51 -0700

Hello Mike and list,
I wanted to let you all know of something that happened to me and a friend
of mine theother night.
I went and picked afriend up from the Airport, since the bus stopped running
by the time she landed, I had arranged for paratransit to pick us up and
take us home.
when the driver showed, he seemed to speak mostly spanish and very little
English.  This was his first time going from one city, Burbank to another
Reseda.
I had the GPS on and had it repeating the streets as we were going.  Almost
every street he would say, "turn here," and with the GPS I was able to say
"no," and once we finally got to my street I was able to navigate him to the
proper street and then to my house since I have it recorded in the poi.
Without the GPS, I would have been lost with the driver not knowing how to
get there and me not knowing Spanish.
I thought I would share this and how thankful I am for the GPS.
Robert