[gps-talkusers] Re: The chat room

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:41:32 -0700

Claud,

I'll have a look at the brief explanation on our Chat page. There are some instructions there before you log in.

I have never had any scripts and all the basic functions work fine without them. You can control your volume from your Windows Volume control like you would for any Windows application. The only thing you really need is to push the Control key to talk and let it up to listen. I suppose the color button has to do with low vision features. I have never tried it.

The trickiest part for most people is getting their microphone to work. Typically the problem is that the mic is muted under the Windows recording control. One can also go to the sound and audio devices under the Control panel and make sure you have playback and recording devices selected their. That is something specific to your computer.

I'll try to leave my chat room up and running today in case anyone wants to pop in to test.

The room will be formally open at 6 PM Pacific time this evening for an hour.

Maybe there needs to be more information about how to use the software there. It's assumed that everyone is familiar with the process and knows the finite steps that are to be used in a chat room, in other words the instructions need to be more explanatory. Example which is the direction to turn the microphone volume up 1 to 10 or 10 to 1? What is the color button?
Claude
----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <john.ja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>