[gps-talkusers] Re: Talks serial number transfer.

  • From: Mike Arrigo <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:42:14 -0600

Really, we should not have to pay a third party company to make these devices accessible in the first place. The apple macintosh is a good example of this, apple has built a fully functioning screen reader in to the operating system, you don't pay anything extra to make it accessible. Other companies such as Nokia, Microsoft and others should be doing the same with these phones, and really GPS manufacturers should be doing this too. Most GPS units already have text to speech in them, so it could be done, they just need to make it speak all output and provide an interface for the touch screen. These other companies should be building the accessibility in to the products from the ground up.

On Feb 26, 2009, at 5:37 AM, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

Alice:

A little steep would be an under statement. In fact, it is scandaless. Its just another example of creating a dependency in order to proffit.

I could site many examples of such goings on but I'm sure you all know them. You know, if it talks, blind folks will shell out anything in the name of independence.

Cheers.