[gps-talkusers] Re: Speed alert

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 06:39:13 -0400

12.6 Speed Alert
You can have the system warn you when you reach a desired speed. For example,
you
are riding in a car and wish to be automatically notified when the speed limit
of
65 MPH is reached. Select Speed alert from the GPS options menu and press
ENTER.
The system prompts for the speed alert, type 65 and press
ENTER
. You will be notified when the speed reaches 65 MPH. If the speed momentarily
drops
to 62 MPH, you will not be notified. Once your speed drops 15 MPH below your
speed
setting, the alert will reset so the next time you reach 65 MPH, you will hear
the
alert again.
Note: This setting will not work for pedestrian speeds.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 05:07:36 EDT
TBrownGriffin@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi
>
> i am currently using a demo version of 2010 and one of the new features is
> speed alert, we did a five and a half hour drive the other day and this
> 'speed  alert' kep cropping up but only when we were going 9.0 miles per
> hour!
> I  have looked through the menus and cannot find out what exactly it is
> for, it was  obvious we were in heavy traffic, lol but do not know whether I
> can re-set the  speed alert speed or what it's use is, please could someone
> tell me
>
> many thanks
>
> Tony

Sendero Group
Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 5 platforms,
BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC and Mobile Geo for
Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream,
KNFB Reader Mobile, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.