[gps-talkusers] Re: Singing its praises

  • From: Peggy Kern <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 21:57:46 -0700

Isn't it great?  I've been meaning to share an experience I had last weekend.

I was going to the city of Loomis, CA with my husband and a friend. We hadn't been to this place in Loomis for about ten years, and my husband and friend couldn't remember the specifics of how to get there. When we were in Loomis, my husband gave me the address, which I searched for and marked as a destination. I kept checking the distance to the destination, and noticed we were getting further away from it. Since it was within a couple miles, I did a quick vehicle route, and directed them to the destination. It's so nice not to just be a bump on a log, sitting in a car and just waiting for the sighted people to get me to where we're going! It's nice to help with the process, and learn about the environment in the process.

Peggy

I wanted to express my joy at the new version of the GPS and how it works with the new version of Keysoft. I am finding it so incredibly accurate and so much faster. It's been a total treat to use. I also discovered how wonderful it can be to let it plan a route for me and follow it. I have somewhere that I go once in awhile and it has some trickiness involved and the GPS with its improved speed and accuracy make it so that I can let it put together the route and I'm able to follow it to the exact location. I'm really loving it!

Kristeen Hughes
khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mailto:kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac MSN Messenger kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx