[gps-talkusers] Re: SD card vs. CF card

Craig,

Glad to report that your question is not the  impossible dream and here is
what to do.

To tell the system that you are getting the maps from the SD card instead of
the CompactFlash card, do the following:
Within the GPS program
Press O for GPS options
Press M for Map and POI folder
Select the drive, in this case the SD card
Then select the folder, for examples maps.
Press enter to confirm the directory
You will get a message stating the amount of maps loaded, commercial POI
loaded, and User POIs loaded.

You can have your maps stored on including but not limited to: CompactFlash
card, SD card, thumb drive and Hard Drive.

To answer your question about the requirement of the CompactFlash card that
came with the system. It isn't required to have this card inserted in the
system at all. It is just another storage media that contains your home
state, documentation and GPS V4 installer. Just be sure that you have some
storage media that contains maps on it and the system knows to look there
for maps.

Kevin