[gps-talkusers] SD card vs CF card

  • From: "Craig Phillips" <craphi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:40:44 -0700

A couple of days ago I loaded the Western US on a 2 gig SD chip for my
wife's mPower.  The CF card, my wife received the other day with the program
on it, had the State of Washington already loaded I then loaded Oregon on
that chip as well, works wonderful.  The question is, how do you tell the
program to get its map information from the SD chip, not the CF chip or can
you?  We both read through the manual and can't seam to find what we're
looking for.  I'm sure we have read over it, but could someone enlighten us.
Maybe it's the impossible dream....   The reason she wants to use the SD
chip is that she has books loaded on another CF card and would like
eventually to put that into the PCI slot.  I'm assuming here you don't have
to have the CF card that came with the program, in that slot whenever you
using the GPS.

I also want to commend Sendero on a fantastic job they have done with their
instruction for loading the program and getting it up and running.  It took
2 weeks to get the same spot with the Trekker vs 30 minuets time with the
Sendero.  You have saved another marriage.   Well worth the wait of 3.5
months to receive the system.   I'm as excited about her new GPS as she is.
We love our toys!
Craig Phillips