[gps-talkusers] RMF POIs

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:20:47 -0700

Hi Alex,
These are the POIs extracted from the maps themselves. RMF stands for the "Rich Map Format" (ie. the format of our maps) These are the POIs that TeleAtlas includes in the maps themselves. The commercial POIs are from InfoUSA. You all have the InfoUSA pois those comprise of the 12+ million USA POIs and now I have extracted another 1/4 of a million POIs from the maps themselves provided by TeleAtlas.

For Canada, UK, and other countries these extra RMF pois are already contained in the original Maps and POI zip files on the download website.

Charles.

At 03:04 PM 8/3/2007, you wrote:
What are the RMF POIs?

Have a great day,