[gps-talkusers] Re: Nevada map question

  • From: Matt Roberts <blindbiker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:11:10 -0400

Kim,

that zip code is in the GPS. Are you using Version 2.0? I know it is in there because I was in Las Vegas last year, and remember seeing that one. The zip might be listed as some other area. Here's what I would do.

Select the street, and use 89104. Let the GPS decide what address to use. Do a search for the hotel by using F or CTRL F, and mark it as a virtual position. IF you can do this, you can figure out what city the GPS has listed for the hotel. The address might say Las Vegas, but the GPS will tell you it is another place.

--
Matt Roberts

Email services by FreedomBox. Surf the Net at the sound of your voice. www.freedombox.info