[gps-talkusers] List improvements

  • From: Kim Casey <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:42:01 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am happy to tell you that I have made it easier to subscribe,
unsubscribe, get the digest only, and go on vacation (no- that doesn't mean
that I will buy you a ticket to the Bahamas- smile).  Now you don't have to
go to the Freelists.org website to change these settings.  If you would
like to perform any of these functions, simply go to the Sendero Group
website, http://www.senderogroup.com, and you will find a section on the
home page about the list.  Simply enter your email address in the edit box,
then tab to the selection box, select the action you want and press Enter
on the Go! button.  So say, for example, you are going on vacation for 5
days and don't want the messages clogging up your inbox while you are
away.  Go to the Sendero website and select "Turn vacation mode on".  When
you come back from vacation, simply select "Turn vacation mode off".

Also, I had a question the other day relating to the availability of an
archive.  I was mistaken when I replied, you can view the archives of this
list to see what has been discussed previously.  Go to
//www.freelists.org/archives/.  It is organized numerically then
alphabetically, the fastest way to get to our list is to do a search for
gpstalk-users, then select that link.  You can either view the archives by
month or use the search engine for a specific topic.

One final thing, please keep this list friendly and on topic.  I would like
to keep this list open to GPS discussions and not have to moderate it.

Thank you,

Kim Casey
List Moderator