[gps-talkusers] Re: Keysoft 7.5 installation problem

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:11:39 +0100

Please, Charles, just this one post so that everyone knows ...

Well, Alex, guess what. It wouldn't even turn on. It had been plugged in throughout the install.

Anyway, I did the C1+C4 reset even though I could see no braille and hear nothing. That turned everything off, so it obviously had been on though I thought it was off. I then did it again and, guess what, it's come up speaking properly.

Thanks for prompting me to have another go at that. I remember now, when I had a similar problem at the 7.2 stage, having to do that C1+C4 more than once. Tonight it was three times!

Thanks millions!
--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Parks" <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:07:45 +0100

Scott,

You're not alone.  Mine is rendered totally "dead"!

I did use a 32 KB card and I think it must have been a problem
with the
product key as I was asked for a serial number.  I tried in vain
to enter it
.... and then there was a fairly interesting screech - and that
was that!
<GRRR

Sorry you're also having trouble but sounds as though they may
get yours up
and running without you having to send it away.  Not so in my
case.