[gps-talkusers] Re: Introduction

  • From: Richard Bartholo/ew <richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Jul 2004 09:24:19 +0100

> Hi, Judy

Whilst the UK points of interest (POI) database is significantly larger with
version 3 as compared to version 2, sadly, it is no more accurate and still
very patchy - at least in the areas I've tried.  In my home town of Edinburgh,
for example, to date I've found no restaurants and there are a large number of
establishments which either ceased to exist or re-located four to five years
ago - places such as hospitals, so it's not your usual come and go businesses!

Therefore, until a more up-to-date UK POI database can be provided, I suspect
the best bet for your trip is to hope that users create a plethora of their own
points and submit these to Sendero.

Regards

Richard Bartholomew