[gps-talkusers] Re: Intersections triggering to soon

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:48:48 -0700

Sarai,

The default arrival distance is 50 feet. This works well considering the map inaccuracies and GPS variations.

There are different triggering levels as described in the manual. For a route, you here an approaching alert at one point and then the turn alert when you are near the intersection. Speed of travle and the items I mentioned above impact the trigger threshold.

You can always press X to hear the intersection or leave it on multiple repeat if you wish.

I keep getting intersections trigger way to soon way before they even
appear. I've tried increasing my arrival distance but I can't find one
that works. Any suggestions? I've tried 3 FT, 5 FT, 8 FT, 10 FT. What do
you guys have yours set on?

Sarai D. Bucciarelli

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T tactile watch, and the ID Mate bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West