[gps-talkusers] Hot AC Adapter Kills Blue Tooth Receiver?

  • From: "Paul Bolduc" <pcbolduc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GPS Users List" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 00:13:47 -0400

Good evening,

This morning before going on a day long trip my wife plugged in the AC
adapter for the receiver and check to see it was working and the lights were
on, definitely the red and blue, so as we were going out the door I went to
unplug the adapter which was quite hot to the touch.  In the car the
receiver showed no lights at all and I figured that the AC adapter was
fried.  I plugged the cable into the receiver and then used the lighter
adapter on which the light came on, but nothing on the receiver.

Ideas please!  I will inquire locally about a replacement battery, but the
unit is just over 3 months old and it hasn't been over charged by leaving it
plugged in for days.

Have a great day,

Paul Bolduc

Amateur Radio Operator: WR1X
Email: pcbolduc@xxxxxxxxxx

Located in the only town named Royalston in North America and maybe even the
world!
Royalston is located in Massachusetts