[gps-talkusers] Harder to get a connection with 4.2

  • From: "Peggy Kern" <kernsac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:09:19 -0800

Hi, all. I'm looking through the documentation to see if I can find an answer to this, but so far I haven't found it, so I thought I'd ask on the list.

With 4.1, I would turn on my Holux 1000, then enter GPS. If it didn't recognize that a receiver was on, I'd hit c, and it would try to connect, and would be successful. Often when I entered GPS, it would find the receiver right away.

With 4.2, it almost never seems to realize the receiver is on, so I hit c and it tries to connect, then tells me again the receiver isn't on. So I have to exit GPS, turn off the Holux for a few seconds, turn it back on, then go back into GPS, and everything is fine. I'm using speech on request, so maybe I need to turn speech on to hear if it's telling me to do something I don't know about. But although the changes document says the software is smarter about recognizing a bluetooth receiver, mine seems to be dumber. Or maybe it's the operator who's dumber? <sigh> Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? And I promise I'll keep reading, because it's probably documented somewhere and I just haven't found it. But we're going out for a walk soon, and I don't want to have to fiddle with things for a while before heading out. <grin>

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/