[gps-talkusers] Re: Hamming it up

  • From: "gerry leary" <lgerry3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:28:56 -0600

A lot of the amateur handhelds which are APRs enabled also work duplex. APRs. is a GPS reporting system that Amateurs use to track each other. Gerry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ann K. Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: GPS Chat room Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:56:55 -0400

Hi all,

Excuse me, he was referring to the extraneous chat, and the  fact that
many do not change their subj lines to fit the subject they're talking
about.

BTW, if you're going to use Ham Radio signitures, get it right will
you.  88, or 88's is sent from men to women and means hugs and
kisses.  73's means best wishes and can be sent to any one.  33's are
sent between women or YL's and is the equivalent of best wishes.  I'd
really appreciate it if you would kindly refrain from making what
seems to be a misplaced salutation, and could be mightily misconstrued
by other guys.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons