[gps-talkusers] Re: Greetings and a question

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:56:48 -0500

Welcome to GPS drift. When you set a POI with any GPS program, this is normal because of many factors including, but not limited to; drift, signal bouncing, coordinates, ETC.

john Harden wrote:
Greetings,  I am John Harden in Daytona Beach Florida.  I purchased a used
mPower QT 18 with Sendero GPS.  I have version 4.02 and the Holux GPSLIM236
reciever.

Now, this is a strange thing. When I am standing still and create a usert point of interest I am told that the point that I just created is somewhere else. Fore instance, I am told that the point that I just created is 25 feet south. If I haven't moved why is the point somewhere away from where I am?

I have marked all the gates at our bus transfer station.  While standing at
gate N3 the GPS announced gates S4 and S7.  S4 is not too far away but S7 is
probably 200 feet down the platform and on the other side.  This project is
probably not going to be very helpful.  Any help will be appreciated.

John

--
Raul A. Gallegos .. GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 .. Fax: 260-489-2608